Statement from Cree Lighting on COVID-19
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority.
As an Essential Business deemed critical for the support of essential infrastructure, such as healthcare facilities, gas stations, key retailers, transportation systems and more, Cree Lighting will continue its manufacturing operations with extensive safety measures in place.
Out of an abundance of caution, we are regarding any employee with possible symptoms as a presumptive positive and requiring anyone who has had prolonged exposure or close contact with a symptomatic individual to self-quarantine for up to 14 days depending on test results. These steps are above and beyond the guidance issued by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Cree Lighting and IDEAL INDUSTRIES has a global, cross-functional team monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and early on took a number of steps to ensure the safety of employees by following the guidelines issued by the WHO and CDC as well as additional measures:
- To help ensure social distancing and to reduce employee density, employees that can perform their responsibilities from home have been required to do so.
- Upon arrival and prior to entering the facility employees are required to perform self-screening.
- Every employee is encouraged to wash their hands regularly with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- We have increased cleaning frequency of all common areas including washrooms, breakrooms, conference rooms.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available at entrances, common areas and conference rooms.
- Disinfectant is available to wipe down any surfaces.
- Large group face-to-face meetings have been suspended and employees have been directed to use teleconferencing and videoconferencing.
- Employees have been asked to keep a distance of six feet from their co-workers.
- We are avoiding congestion by using all entrances and allowing time for the exiting shift to leave before the oncoming shift enters.
- Visitors, except for essential service and delivery, are not allowed in the facility. Any essential or delivery visitors are required to adhere to the visitor screening process.
For more information on Cree Lighting’s designation as an Essential Business, refer to the State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services Emergency Order # 12 “Safer At Home Order”, Section 13 Parts k, l, m, n, r, s, v and y issued March 24, 2020.
Our employees are our family, we are committed to doing everything we can to ensure their safety.
Jamie Palmeroni-Lavis, McDougall Communications for Cree Lighting, +1-585-434-2151,
Christopher Knospe, McDougall Communications for Cree Lighting, +1-585-434-2154,